The travel: Founded by the Greeks in 716 BC, Milazzo releases a singular energy due to its particular location – making it the Italian city which receives the most hours of sunshine throughout the day. Praised by Homer as the land where the Sun God grazed the herds, the beauty of the landscape and traces of history combine to make Milazzo a fascinating place. Upon visiting it will become apparent why Milazzo inspires both myth and poetry.
The stay: Beautiful historic houses, still owned by the original families such as the beautiful Don Gaspano with its beautiful flowery garden and olive groves.
The Learn: You will learn how to use your hands and appreciate the importance of dexterity and time. When you create an object from scratch – using raw materials and your hands and creativity – you understand that quality can only be obtained with time and attention to detail. The Eco Art workshop combines the recycling of waste material with art. You will create the Carnet de Voyage, a travel diary where a traveller’s emotions are imprinted. It was a tool used extensively in the early 1900s by genuine and authentic explorers when traveling was a luxury reserved for the few. But it is also much more than a traditional “logbook.” In fact, in addition to being a first hand account, other elements make its writing interesting. You will learn an ancient technique combined with innovation for the use of today, combining the art made from recycled materials.
The Eco Art workshop will be hosted in a timeless place, Feudo San Pietro, an ancient residence of 1400. The Feudo San Pietro is a precious testimony of the past. In fact until 1800, it was the singular case of an actual state, planted in the heart of the territory, a subject under the jurisdiction of Milazzo. It counted 609 habitants, and had a surface of 15,71 hectares. Today we could liken the Feudo San Pietro to the Vatican City and the Republic of San Marino.
The historical house is still owned by the descendants of Prince Spadafora who was responsible for the Feudo in 1400. The family will welcome and greet you upon your arrival!
We also offer the workshops:
- Recycled paper
- Dry point on Tetra Pak (eco engraving)
- Painting en plein air
*see below for dates
- 5 day workshop of Eco Art
- 3 daily hours of activity will take place outdoors, in the beautiful garden surrounded by the history of Feudo San Pietro.
- Our talented artisan will introduce you to various techniques during the workshop, depending on which of the 3 workshops you chose (available during dates indicated below)
You will enjoy an extraordinary experience on the last day in which 3 local artisans will join you at Feudo San Pietro, prior to a picnic where you will enjoy local dishes and wine, the artisans will share the secret and history of the three techniques:
- Carnet de Voyage
- Drypoint on Tetra Pak (eco engraving) & Painting en plein air
- The use of Recycling Paper & Painting en plein air
We can’t wait to meet you and to invite you into our world of creativity and learning with our Retreat with Artisans in the city of light!
The package includes:
- 5 nights’ accommodation
- Breakfast and Lunch
- 5 day Eco laboratory Art – 3 daily hours hours of workshop to take place at Feudo San Pietro
- 1 day with two 2 artisans and sampling the 2 different workshops
- Picnic with typical dishes, including wine and water
- Minimum 8, Maximum 16 people
⮚Can include additional workshops such as cooking lessons
⮚ The course will be personalized upon the level of the participants
⮚ Workshops can be adapted for children and can be combined with By Learning, you create
⮚ Transportation can be arranged if required
⮚ Available all year round
Price: From Euro: 880.00 per person
- 12th of June 2023: Engraving on Tetrapak & Painting plein air
- 3rd of July 2023: Carnet de Voyage
- 18th of September 2023: Recycling paper & Painting plein air
- 16th of October 2023: Engraving on Tetrapak & Painting Plein air
- other possible dates on request