The travel: Murano, like many other islands in the northern lagoon, was founded by Romans who fled the fall of the Roman Empire and the Barbarian invasions of the late 5th century.
Glassmaking is the most important and ancient art practised in the lagoon and has been one of the most important commercial industries of the Venetian Republic for hundreds of years. The first written record of a glass master in Venice – the bottle maker Dominicus Phiolarius, dates back to the year 982. However, archaeological research suggests that glass production was practised in the Lagoon, on the island of Torcello, even before the founding of the Republic.
Our guide will take you on a discovery of the island and its most picturesque and lesser-known corners. Enjoy a unique and exciting experience, contact with the islands, their inhabitants and the lagoon. You will visit not only places but traditions, legends, secrets and curiosities. Our retreat will leave you feeling connected with the soul of Venice!
The stay: Your stay will be in Murano, discovering and experiencing another unknown side of Venice. You can easily access Venice and the other small islands surrounding Venice, such as San Francesco del Deserto and Torcello. Combined with the learning you will visit an ancient winery and discover its history.
The learn: You will learn how to use your hands and appreciate the importance of dexterity and time. When creating an object from scratch – using the raw materials, your own hands and creativity – you will understand that quality can only be obtained with time and attention to detail. During the glassmaking workshop satisfaction will be gained by valuing the quality of the object produced.
- 5 day workshop – 3 daily hours of lampworking workshop, morning or afternoon, in the artisan’s laboratory.
We can’t wait to meet you and invite you into our world of creativity and learning with our Retreat with Artisans in Veneto!
The package includes the following:
- 5 nights’ accommodation.
- 3 daily hours of lampworking workshop in the artisan’s laboratory.
- 3 hour guided walking tour with our professional guide, discovering Venice from the artisan’s point of view.
- Minimum 4, maximum 6 people.
- Can include additional workshops if required, such as the lace and mask workshop.
- The course will be personalised according to the level of the participants.
- Transportation can be arranged if required.
Price: From Euro: 1495,00 per person.
Starting dates :
- 5th of June 2023
- 3rd of July 2023
- 11th of September 2023
- 9th of October 2023
other possible dates on request