The travel: Perugia is a medieval city surrounded by a great heritage of art and culture, evidence of its great past. From its magnificent squares, to the tiniest streets, Perugia is a treasure which characterises the beauty of the entire Umbria region. Perugia is a place where you can still find the true meaning of ‘handmade’ – the perfect place for a retreat with the artisans!
The stay: A beautiful iconic hotel in the centre of Perugia.
The Learn: You will learn how to use your hands and appreciate the importance of dexterity and time. When creating something from scratch – using the raw materials, your own hands and creativity – you will understand that quality can only be obtained with time and attention to detail. Satisfaction will be gained in valuing the quality of the object created.
The ceramic workshop will take place in an evocative location with an ancient well. The location is medieval in heritage and architectural style. The workshop will be combined with a visit to different artisan’s ateliers with a demonstration of the artisans’ various handicrafts, such as the glass making. On your final day you will enjoy a dinner with the artisans exchanging culture and traditions.
- 5 day ceramic workshop
- 2 daily hours of activity in the artisan’s laboratory
- Our talented artisan will introduce you to the techniques of working and modelling clay, concluding with the decorative phase
We can’t wait to meet you and to invite you into our world of creativity and learning with our Retreat with Artisans in Umbria
The package includes:
- 5 nights’ accommodation
- 5 day ceramic workshop – 2 hour workshop in the morning in the artisan’s laboratory
- One half-day visit to different ateliers in the centre with a demonstration
- 1 dinner with the artisans
- Maximum 10 people
- Option to request embroidery and ceramic experience in Deruta (upon request)
- Can include additional workshops if required e.g. goldsmithing, glass making and painting.
- The course will be personalized upon the level of the participants
- Workshops can be adapted for children if required
- Transportation can be arranged if required
- Available all year round
Price: From Euro: 1850.00 per person – each quote is tailor to the needs of participants.